Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LEXAPRO DAY 1



Okay, so it's not officially Lexapro. It's like an off brand of the off brand. It's the generic form of Celexa. Citalopram, officially. And it's half of what they prescribed me for the panic disorder. The doc says that all the symptoms, the not being able to focus, remember things, the racing thoughts, the anxiety, blah blah blah are all about the panic disorder, and if we can just calm my mind down during the day, it should help. So here I am at work with a brand new shiny medicine bottle of Lexapro, and another one full of Xanax for when the panic attacks happen. So now the verdict is out.

I took my first one this morning, and I can't tell a difference. Sort of. I have been focused today and I have gotten a lot done. I have been level and my emotions have been in check. I have been sleepy, thirsty, and a little shaky for the first couple of hours after I took it, but who's to say all of that was from the medicine. They're not things that couldn't happen normally on any given day. So I think I shall record my process here (or try to, these sorts of declarations have never worked before) and see what really has changed.

For the time being, I can say that I find myself focused today. A little anxious and wary of the new meds, and incredibly sleepy.

Until tomorrow,
(hopefully)
Rach

No comments: